Dear International Lecturers and Students:
As the COVID 19 spread seems unabated and in light of the impending Emergency decree by the Royal Thai Government as of March 26, 2020 we would like to refer you to the following important online information centers for the present:
- The Royal Thai Ministry of Public Health, Department of Disease Control
- The Royal Thai Immigration Bureau
- For General Information on the situation within the Kingdom: The Online English Daily newspapers
- For the Global situation of the Pandemic
We herewith also include information from the Assumption University Office of the University Registrar:
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM AU VISA SECTION OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR
Dear All international students
Due to the spread of Covid-19, we would like to inform you that
- Students who plan to leave Thailand be sure to purchase Re-Entry permit before you leave, if you leave without Re-Entry permit your Student Visa will no longer valid. You have to reapply for new Student Visa at the royal Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate outside Thailand.
- Students who stay outside kingdom of Thailand and your visa is going to expire soon and you can’t return Thailand before expiry date of your visa or students whose visas already expired, you have to reapply for new Student Visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate outside Thailand.
- Students who stay outside Thailand and have already purchased Re-Entry permit, you have to return to Thailand one month before the expiry date of your visa and contract our visa officer to process your visa extension immediately.
For applications for a new Student Visa, you can order a Visa Letter to apply for new Student Visa by sending an email to:
AU Visa Section
+(662) 3004545 ext. 3507
For more information please do not hesitate to us +(668) 99655234 (visa section)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I go out of the country?
- Yes, you can but your visa will be cancelled automatically once you leave the kingdom of Thailand unless you apply for Re-Entry permit before you go.
Can I apply stay permit extension at a Royal Thai Embassy
- No, you can’t extend your Visa at the Embassy, you can only apply a new student visa at the Embassy.
How can I apply for a student visa ?
- You can apply new student Visa by request Visa Letter from Visa section and apply for a new visa at the embassy.
What do I do if my student visa expires while I am outside Thailand
- You have to apply a new visa at the Royal Thai embassy.
If I forget apply Re-Entry permit before I go out what will happen with my visa?
- Your visa will be cancelled automatically once you leave the kingdom of Thailand. You have to reapply a new student visa at the embassy again.
How can I extend my visa in Thailand?
- You have to contract our Visa officer at office of the Registrar to proceed your document for stay permit extension.
Where I can apply Re-Entry permit?
- You can apply Re-Entry permit at the immigration or at the airport, you can’t apply Re-Entry permit at immigration border exit point.
How can I know 90 days due date?
- You can count your 90 days on your 90 days appointment slip or if you just arrived, you have to count from the last arrival date.
How can I do if my 90 days expire while I stay outside Thailand?
- Your 90 days visa will be cancelled automatically once you leave the kingdom of Thailand.
What should I check after I get student visa?
- Here is the information you have to check
After I arrive Thailand how can I know validity of my visa?
Some further tips:
Please ensure that when you arrive in the Kingdom of Thailand, to carry
- International medical Insurance to the value of at least THB 100,000
- A Medical certificate from a Registered Doctor that you are COVID 19 free (Positive)
Immigration support services for all International Faculty:
Please contact the Assumption University Office of Human Resources Management at the Hua mak campus only weekdays, according to the Office Timings
The Office of International Affairs
Assumption University of Thailand