As of a public telecast on March 25, 2020 the Prime Minister, The Royal Thai Government has announced that the State of Emergency in the Kingdom of Thailand will take effect from 12 Midnight, March 25, 2020 and extend till April 30, 2020.
All International lecturers and students herewith, through the courtesy of The Bangkok Post’s online newspaper, March 24, 2020 are informed and reminded of the following:
During a state of emergency, the prime minister may:
- prohibit anyone from leaving home for a certain period
- ban assembly at any place
- ban the reporting, selling, distributing or disseminating of any media that includes content that may frighten people or cause unrest, or that intentionally distorts news and information, in the area where the emergency has been declared or all over the country
- prohibit the use of certain means or routes of transportation
- prohibit the use of certain buildings or places, or evacuate people from certain areas
The Office of International Affairs at Assumption University of Thailand encourages compliance with the ordinances of the Emergency order.
Given on March 25, 2020